Unique Selling Points.
You need to find a unique selling point for your overall pub. Then split the pub up into areas and find individual USP’s for all areas within the business. This is a fun exercise, what do you want to be famous for?
Take one area at a time. Then sit down and brainstorm with your staff and customers. Come up with something unique for every area. For example;
- Outside – make sure you have the best outside look, best hanging baskets, best kept lawn, best furniture, etc.
- Food – Take each dish and give it a USP.
- Standards – Have the cleanest pub in the area at all times, no matter what.
- Toilets – Clean, maybe a theme, something quirky, get people talking!
- Staff – Politest, Best dressed, happiest, with best customer service.
- Customer Service – Second to none, do things a little differently.
- Products – Unusual, Upmarket, Perfect serve, Consistently perfect.
- Decor – Keep updating and different
- Furniture – Get the best.
The list is never ending. Once you start working through each part of your pub. People will start to realise what you are doing. Then start talking about you. Both word of mouth, and on online review sites. This a a big part of your marketing. It does not need to cost you a lot of money to start with. Then as you get busier, reinvest a little to improve things over a set time period.